Friday 5 June 2009

Oasis Soundcheck (weds 3rd June 09) oh yes!


Today I find myself as exhausted as Susan Boyle and thinking maybe my next prize should be a fortnight in The Priory, a spot of basket weaving and navel gazing just might be what I need (although the not drinking could be a struggle). my story .........
As usual last weekend I had an hour on Friday night with a large glass of red wine, the newspapers and my computer (those pesky kids were out so I took control). Then I did two hours of housework (I only do them in blocks of time not tasks, I think this helps me focus, and gazing fondly at the remainder of wine in the bottle spurs me on)

Tuesday afternoon I received a voice message on my mobile left by Tom. It said breezily
"Hello, this is a message for MK; you entered a competition for two tickets to see oasis and an invite to the soundcheck i am pleased to inform you, you have won both. Please could you ring me back and I can give you more details" Damn right I'll ring back for details!
The following day I finished work at 4.00pm and hubs met me, we got the metro link to the Heaton Park stop and walked until we found the VIP entrance near sheep foot lane, then as instructed we phoned the record company representative Terri, she said to stay put as she had another 10 sound check winners coming and would send a mini bus to collect us and take us to the stage, excitedly we waited as others arrived, a couple from Preston, a couple from Dukinfield and two lads from Bolton who had all won the sound check and tickets for the Thursday Oasis show from Key 103, two other couples came who had won the same from Planet Rock.
The minibus arrived and we piled on like giddy infants on a school trip, we were all given a bottle of water and taken to the designated area, very near to the stage, the Oasis boys were clearly visible, running through their one/two one/two, well that’s what I was expecting from everything I have ever seen in films, actually its not so much like that, there was tuning of guitars, changing of echo on voices and Liam came out with a parka on (oh he wont feel the benefit, it was far too hot) he began to sing wonder wall and was shouting the endings to each song, there was a slight kafuffle, a bit of pointing and words like ya can eff right off, I don’t know I did grow up near burnage but maybe they were just having a reasoned discussion it just seems like a fall out to any outsiders.
What a strange experience to be reclining listening to live oasis, in such a small group, it was wonder wall it really was.
Some experiences are to be savoured, and this one certainly was. An hour and a half later armed with some exclusive badges, playing cards, and three cd singles each we were back on the mini bus being shuttled out of Heaton Park. Me n hubs got back on the met and were in spoons downing a pint thinking "did that really happen", ah yes like most wonderful experiences over way too quickly. Anyway we weren’t too bothered as we would be back again the next night for the concert, all for nought pence! Now where are all those people who thought I wasted my money on stamps and time entering competitions, i rest my case (packed full of wonderful exclusive experiences and prizes).

I said maybe ya gonna be the one that saves me, and after all your my wonder wallllllll...

No comments: