Friday 16 September 2011

Speed Reading .......


Last week I opened the post at home and along with the usual rubbish, i found something from the DVLA my first thought was OMG what have I done, how much will it cost me and can I get away with it.....

I was going to say I read it but I didnt, I speed read and saw that it had been 10 years since I passed my driving test and that my photo driving license needed updating and this would cost me a crisp £20.... plus the cost of the snaps, which these days is around a fiver....

Now these snaps cant be done just anywhere and at anytime, I needed to make sure I was in full makeup and hair done (this snap is going to last me till I am 54, its got to be good).

I admit I focused on that and had my snaps done, just afterwards my daughters boyfriend said "whats up with your eye", on checking in a mirror, I had indeed burst a bloodvessel and looked like an extra from beetle juice.... The snaps dont show it very much and after spending a fiver well they will just have to do.

Next the whole lot stays on a sideboard for a week, as I pass it every day and think - right I must do that. So today I come to fill in the forms and write the cheque and I realise the snap could get rejected on two counts

Redeye and Smiling.

The covering letter I have attached goes like this....


Dear Sirs

I understand the photo provided for the updated card has certain requirements and does state, it should be free from redeye, and your mouth should be closed.

I had trouble with both of these requirements as I have had a virus which left me with some facial paralysis as well as a burst blood vessel in my eye, although it looks like a grin it was the best I could manage under the circumstances.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me on the above mobile number if necessary.

Yours faithfully


Mrs M

feedback on mahoo40@gmail.com would be much appreciated


No comments: