Monday 24 January 2011

Buttons




Buttons really are a joy, I once found a Karen Millen button on York Street, Manchester and put it in my pocket, my imagination took me on a journey that day I was thinking how wonderful it would be to own a magic button, which once rubbed in a pocket could grant you three wishes per day, (21 a week), how fabtastic that would be, I rubbed the button and when I got home that night and checked my emails I had in deed had some good fortune, I won a trip to copenhagen courtesy of Palmolive, and yes I know with or without the button I found i would have won it as it wasnt connected, but I did enjoy the flight of fancy ......

Hubs is heard to say "fxxxxxxx buttons on a quilt cover, what arse decided that was a good idea, "Actually it was Jeff Banks", and I wont tell you what he said about Jeff but he changed one of the letters of his surname which turned it into quite a different name altogether.

Yes the quilt cover has buttons ont he outside as decoration and yes it has been cold and a cold button on a bare back (or butt) can be a shock in the night but taking it out so verbally on Jeff really isnt on.

I have a dinner set that has no design faults.

Attached is a photo of the Rolling Stones Logo done entirely in buttons by my very talented neice Amy.

How wonderful.....

M

1 comment:

Lesley Redd said...

That is a fab piece of artwork.