Friday 7 October 2011

The New Baby.......


The baby was due on Monday 3rd October and as monday, tues, wednesday came and went I was trying to guess the weight and sex and then last night at around 8.45pm, the phone rang, first born picked it up and it was good news, the baby had arrived safe and sound at 7.25pm that evening and weighed in at a very healthy 9LB 2oz, and was a beautiful baby girl they are naming Niamh (pronounced Neve - simply because in galic the ia together make a eeee noise and the mh make a vvvvv noise, the h is fairly silent as I hope are their many nights to come.....)

I checked the meaning of the name and it turns out in the Irish language it means bright, radiant and feminine, what a lovely way to be described......

I cant wait to meet this new little kenny and feel amazed to think its 18 and 23 years ago since I experienced the whole wonderful, exhausting and at times painful experience (although they do give you drugs and its legal and no dealer is involved)

Above is a snap of Niabh when she was still an inmate, I suppose we should have expected a good weight of a baby, but I was convinced we were having a boy.....

so thats 5 - 3 for the Kenny Girls........

No comments: