Friday 7 October 2011

Small adds and bargains


I do love a bargain, although I am a fussy penguin and walk straight out of a charity shop if it smells like an old folks home (actually one piece of information my dad told me many, many years ago was....... if you get on a plane for a long hall flight and it smells like an old persons house, get off, there is a good chance it could crash.......) At work we have a fantastic small adds section on our intranet, when I got my first car (just three years ago) I was thrilled to find it had an intact cassette deck, I know its not cool (I watch the inbetweeners) but as I have such fond memories of my first sony walkman - complete with the headphones with the orange foam covers for your ears (I kid you not, why on earth someone chose orange, well, it just beggers belief) I then found out that you cant buy tapes anywhere and making your own is too lengthy (see all that spare time we used to have before computers,cable tv,mobile phones) I put an add on my works intranet small adds, over the months my work colleagues from different offices across the country were kind enough to send me tapes, my faves being The best of the police, James and Blondie, I certainly blasted those three out, and yes at times if turned up too loudly there was a warble, but I seem to remember there always was with tapes. One I didnt enjoy was the best of the Pixies, the front cassette cover scared me, it had pictures of eyeballs hanging out of sockets and I had to take that to the charity shop, as it reminded me I should be ultra careful with my driving and not get distracted trying to locate my fave sing along tracks, and I know "best of's" are not for the real fans. Whilst on the small adds I noticed this one, and I am so tempted so thank god it wouldnt fit me, in fact quite who it would fit I really dont know, perhaps it isnt a reproduction at all, perhaps it is actually Hugh's

Reproduction jacket as worn by Hugh Jackman in 'X-Men Wolverine' This is an exclusive jacket and is stretchable and light on your body due to soft leather.
• 2 zip pockets
• 2 inner pockets
• 100% genuine leather
Size: 52” chest, 28” length, perfect condition, never worn
Just £60


thats all, I reckon at the age I am now, It wouldnt be a completely impossible notion to grow the pointy sideburns too, and chuck my tweezermans and magnifiying glass away ....... the freedom

Maria

Yes I am picturing myself wearing it on the bus into work on a dress down friday of course.........


Mrs K

No comments: