Friday 7 October 2011

Presents for Niamh and getting sidetracked by freebies



I was on a mission with a list to get something for our newly hatched baby niece Niambh

I purchased a couple of cards a beautiful white teddy bear called Henry from the very posh White Company (on King Street) I love that shop, its on my list of shops that make me feel calm, even if I dont buy anything, but of course today I did, he was beautifully packaged in one of their bags with ribbon on it, I then went to get some pink tissue for some expert wrapping (I will get feckles to do that I am fairly rubbish)anyway, on the way to all this I took a double take and noticed there was a section in the middle of Manchester Arndale set out like a beauty therapy room, they were giving out samples (full size samples if you dont mind) of their new shower gels, one per person, so naturally I managed to snaffle two. Then I asked if they were doing any therapies, and they said yes, turns out the general public had been a bit too shy and no one took them up on the offer, so I have a wonderful hand and cuticle massage whilst listening to soothing music on headphones, then I had a shoulder and back massage and as I trotted back to work I felt just a little bit smug........

No comments: