Saturday 17 December 2011

Singing and Dancing n stuff



As I say frequently to my children, the difference between a bad idea turning into a good idea is about 3 pints, so the copious amounts of red wine I drank after our annual Christmas works do more than made the difference, We had a lovely three course meal in Beluga with the added bonus of a full bottle of wine per person, despite my protests of "I wont be able to manage that on my own" not only did I but all my colleagues did too and some, on settling the bill and walking upstairs to the bar with our 2 for 1 vouchers, I spotted a discarded glass of red and slurped that too, which is why it was a good idea that my next drink was water, onwards to Corbieres because they have a juke box and by now I wanted to sing loudly whilst forgetting the lyrics of old songs and dance and force anyone in my vacinity to dance too.....

the juke box fired up and the first track came on and I was up........ singing..... or shouting actually.....Denis Denis, I've got a crush on you, Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you, Oh when we walk it always feels so nice, And when we talk it seems like paradise, Denis Denis, I'm so in love with you............

and then

Echo and the bunny men start up with ............Stab a sorry heart, With your favourite finger, Paint the whole world blue, And stop your tears from stihhhhinging
Hear the cavemen singing, Good news they're bringing


Seven seas,Swimming them so well, Glad to see, My face among them, Kissing the tortoise shell and continuing with

A longing for
Some fresher feeling
Belonging
Or just forever kneeling
Where is the sense in stealing
Without the grace to be it

Seven seas
Swimming them so well
Glad to see
My face among them
Kissing the tortoise shell



Yes your right Corbieres doesnt have a dancefloor, just a few squares of lino in the vacinity of the gents toilets, like I said before the difference between a bad idea turning good is just a few pints of lager or way too much red wine....

Seven seas, swimming them so well, glad to see my face amongst them kissing the tortoise shehllllllllllll

No comments: