Tuesday 5 April 2011

Re-made in Leeds



I spotted an interesting little article in the Stylist magazine last week and armed with my just washed dress (yes you can still smell the quality brand fabric softener on the fabric) I began my letter and located a suitably sized jiffy bag, I do like recycling, make do and mend and all that kind of stuff.......my letter went like this

Dear Remade in Leeds,

I read about your good work in recycling old materials into new outfits in last week’s stylist magazine and thought you might be able to do something interesting with the dress enclosed.

The History of the Dress....

I coveted it for a week or so in the shop window of m and s in Manchester, but it was well expensive at £62 (I think) so I waited and luckily for me it turned up at a charity shop I frequent in Urmston, Manchester called Manacare, I purchased it for a purse friendly £3.00 last November, I wore it for my friends 40th, my mum’s 70th and my nieces 21st, also a couple of Christmas parties and a christening. I then wore it for work a few times too before it began to get a little threadbare. I hope you can turn it into something wonderful and sell it in your store.

I have a blog and may turn it into a story. (this I did)


Keep up the good work


Maria


so sometime today maybe, a puzzled shop assist at a retro store in leeds (near Hyde Park) will be opening a packaging and looking a little puzzled, until that is they read the enclosed letter, if they are curious enough they may even come onto my blogg site to check out the snap above. I am the one on the right with the multi colour frock on, I had a good night out and the frock did too - frock I like that word

Keep well, Mahoo


A reply from Remade in leeds .....

Hi Maria,

Just to let you know that we received the dress and lovely note which you sent to us at Remade in Leeds.
Thank you so much for thinking of us! We're definitely going to try to make something which will do the beautiful fabric of your dress justice.
We're planning to update our own blog (http://www.remadeinleeds.org/?category_name=blog) with a 'before and after', so we'll let you know the results and will provide a link to your lovely blog when it's done. If you fancy you could also update with the images of what happens to your dress!

Thanks again for your interest in what we do and for your words of encouragement!
Best Regards,
Rebecca (Head of Sales, Remade in Leeds)

1 comment:

Lesley Redd said...

Fame at last!!! Well done Mrs Mahoo.