Friday 3 June 2011

Losing Streak...


its fair to say I am going through a prize winning drought, i am ok with it as I have experienced it before, but I have also got to a point out that there has been less good quality opportunities around.

I checked out a weekly link (I am not at liberty to reveal this source as its ually a lucrative one and I dont want to share) but i didnt want to win either of the prizes, and to be honest if you had put both the prizes together it wouldn’t make them more appetizing they were

Two tickets to see ringo star in manchester
Tickets for you and a friend to go up in a hot air balloon

I didnt even bother.......

I would like to win something I can enjoy with feckles and one of them is a makeover, overnight stay and tickets to the comfort high street fashion awards taking place in London in September, the tickets to buy are 95 quid each and although you do get a goody bag worth 70 quid and a four course meal, its still out of my new purse friendly austerity agenda (skint). I have been trying to win this price for the last five years maybe this year will be my lucky break.

The other comp is “embarrassing dad”, its a vote one but as i always say nothing ventured....... so armed with a funny snap and 50 words written by feckles about why her dad should win i pressed send on the email at 11.30 last night just as my peepers were involuntarily closing – home measures of gin and tonic can be so haphazard!

That prize if i read it correctly is a mixed bag of experiences worth a grand total of 2,500. So that would be nice (as long as there isn’t a balloon ride with ringo star in there) I saw him on the one show and I dont know if he was just having a bad day but he never cracked a smile and was a complete charisma bypass. In fact if he came out and said “Not only was I not the best drummer, i wastn even the best drummer in the beatles”, i might have respect for him, but the old lady on the harp would be a better drinking buddy.

No comments: