Thursday 16 June 2011

My Fab Week


Tuesday after work I went to a loccitane evening at the shop on king street, the ticket was a tenner. They locked the doors and we had fiz, canapés, cakes and I had an arm, hand and cuticle massage with shear butter. I bought a nice shower gel and a mini sheer butter that just about does everything, it will come in handy on that long hall flight to Chicago next month, for lips and eyes and cutticles etc.

I spent nearly an hour there then called into Waitrose which is attached to boots on market street, at the end of the day they do mega markdowns I got a huge bag full of high quality scran for £3.30, only they let me use my boots clubcard points so it was well and truly nought pence!

Wednesday night after work me and Sean went to see Styx, Foreigner and Journey, we had a couple of pints in the hard rock cafe and first born collected us. It is lovely to have a willing chaufer after all these years, I suppose I should keep on the good side of him and stop nagging when he leaves me three pans, two mugs and various glasses all in the sink for my return from 7 hours at work.....

Thursday, I have started a new trend of always booking the day off following a gig, I feel cheated if i have to rush around to get home or out to work the next day. It feels like a reminder that the good times are just fleeting and I need to get back on the treatmill. As I comp fanatically I end up signed to many websites and from time to time the random and abstract invitations do indeed come my way, this week it was to a book launch at Selfridges 1-2 so took my working from home mate there (after all it was a lunchhour) we had fizz, canapés and cakes again (I do like a good canapé) we met the author Tasmina Perry and she gave us her new book and signed it, then as nails inc were the promoters we got a free nail colour each, and managed to quaff some more cava and canapes before heading to WHSmiths as my friend had been ordered to buy a scientific calculator.

Friday, back to work today and there was a Malibu promotion on in St Annes Square, so I got a free cocktail, nailvarnish and my nails painted by nails inc a lovely orange its got a base coat, colour and top coat so it should last a few days.

Saturday the decks were cleared today, no visitors, I didnt have to go anywhere so I spent 4 hours cleaning with kate bush on my ipod (the directors cut) strictly for the fans as the songs are the same just the arrangements differ, but me and Kate have been together since 1977 and I saw the very groundbreaking "Wuthering Heights" on top of the pops (thank god they didnt allow pans people to taint the image by dancing to it), hubs had Emerson Lake and Palmer on which on the whole I dont mind, though the lyrics start getting trippy and I have to leave and find refuge in my all time favourite charity shop, MANACARE, I spent £10.50 but I cant remember on what, its prob still in the back of my car.

Sunday came and went and it rained, rained and rained some more, I didnt mind as my garden was looking more beautiful and green by the hour......

No comments: