Tuesday 22 March 2011

I aint no role Model


I cant say I am a mental health guru, but I have read most books from "feel the fear and do it anyway" to "I can make you happy" by Paul McKenna.

What hit the spot for me this evening was putting my ipod to Pink Floyd, pouring a ridiculously large whisky (12 yr old) topping it up with greens ginger wine and ice, realising it was way too strong and that as there was no space in the glass I would have to take three big gulps before there was any room for a coke top up, this I did, then I washing my filthy car, it hasnt been washed since March 2010 and I was taking quite a risk as it may well have only been the stuborn stains holding the 13 year old retro piece together. By the time I was at hoovering the inside and pink floyd was now on "that great gig in the sky", the beverage had done the trick and I realised why there are so many drunk homeless people on the street, its a slippery slope and when people cant cope they will find the means to try to, self medicating isnt an answer to long term downers but by god it can help in the short term. Maybe children shouldnt see you with an alcoholic beverage before the coctail hour.

Now this story should have a happy ending, and in some respects it does, my next beverage of the evening was in fact a large mug of peppermint tea, but when I woke the next morning I had a huge splinter in my finger that needs removing, I walked in the walk in centre but they couldnt see me for two hours, so i walked out and as I type this it is twice the normal size of a little finger and I am trying to remember what to put in a poltice.

as always more on that story later


Maria

1 comment:

Lesley Redd said...

I'm the same with chocolate, coke and fried eggs. I love all the things that are naughty. I've also discovered that I am an emotional eater: I eat when I'm angry, sad or depressed.