Tuesday 22 March 2011

Weekends


Some weekends are just perfect, not majorly exciting not action packed but perfect and filled with many aspects and many moments of pleasure I think my last perfect weekend was in August 2010 it went something like this...................


I finished work on the Friday and decided cooking just wasn’t for me so it was a takeout from the Stretford Balti. A few drinks and we watched Electric mist, with Tommy Lee Jones in it (does this man ever smile?) he had a limp and it wasn’t a great film so I concluded that

1) He only signed up to it to have a hip replacement op

2) There was so much chopped out of the original film it didn’t make a whole lot of sense



But it didn’t matter as I may not have been able to follow even a simple plot.



Saturday, we went to collect my feckles and her lovely boyfriend seb, they had had a week away in corfu and we were collecting them from Manchester Airport, hugs all round and home.



Mum came round in the afternoon and I went to my ace charity shop, Manacare. Its an absolute aladins cave of goods, every week something different, this week they had a snow white outfit, two outfits originally purchased from a hardcore sex shop and a wetsuit. It did make me giggle everyone who came in had a comment on the outfit, Oxfam and barnados would never have put these out on display and that is why i love an independant charity shop every time, less rules to adhere to and lots of randomly good finds, the last time I giggled like that was when I noticed they had an illustrated Karma Sutra in with the cookery books (bless em).



Sunday , the sun shone, Sean did all my ironing, I sat in the garden and read two You magazines, entered some comps, cooked a chicken then did two tubs with conifers, primulas and ivy for either side of my front door and trimmed the boarders and watered my tomato plants. After discussion with Bob my gardening neighbour I have decided I am growing sprouts this winter and I will have them elevated as the cheeky slugs ate the last lot (before Christmas too). Sunday evening I watched the last programme about the Amish teenagers on channel 4, drank a glass of 12 year old whisky and went to bed.

If only all weekends could be this perfect......

Mrs mahoo

No comments: